- NGINX Asynch, non-blocking. Kubernetes Ingress fame. Owned by F5.
- Apache HTTPD Honored ancestor. Preinstalled on CentOS, Ubuntu. Uses
- Tomcat, Tomcat Embedded
- Spring Boot
- Dropwizard Embedded Jetty, Google Guava, Hibernate
- JHipster App generator: Spring Boot plus AngualarJS (sadly).
- Hugo GoLang
- Gin Identical syntax to Django.
- Beego Similar to Django, MVC, ORM
- Others: Echo, Kit, Fiber, Iris, Go-zero, Kratos
- Express MVC
- Fastify 4x faster than Express
- tRPC TS RPCs, new, growing
- SvelteKit data fetching API, GraphQL
- Remix Server Can run in Deno, Cloudflare Workers
- Strapi headless CMS and API REST server.
- OpenAPI was Swagger API definition
- Kubeless Lambda compatible
- Knative Dev by Google, IBM, RedHat, vmware. Uses CloudEvents. Needs BIG cluster.
- AWS Lambda
- GCP Firebase Cloud Functions
- Azure Serverless
- AWS Fargate Serverless for containers.
- Netlify Functions
- PostgresSQL I pick this over MySQL/Maria because the license is cleaner. PostgresSQL 9.3 and higher has a NoSQL option.
- MS SQLServer RDMS. I’ve used this over the years at various jobs. See also Azure SQL.
- Oracle RDMS. I used this at Reed College. I wrote a PLSQL stored procedure. You can also write them in Java. Powerful but super expensive, largely legacy.
- AWS Aurora RDMS. MySQL and PostgresSQL compatible. Oracle killer.
- SQLite: embedded in web client or IOT devices. PostgresSQL syntax.
Object Storage and Warehouse