- NGINX Also: Kubernetes Ingress fame. Asynch non-blocking.
- Apache HTTPD Honored ancestor. Preinstalled on CentOS, Ubuntu. Good for shared envs by using
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing
- Swagger API definition
- API Gateways
- Service Mesh
- PostgresSQL I pick this over MySQL/Maria because the license is cleaner. PostgresSQL 9.3 and higher has a NoSQL option.
- MS SQLServer RDMS. I’ve used this over the years at various jobs. See also Azure SQL.
- Oracle RDMS. I used this at Reed College. I wrote a PLSQL stored procedure. You can also write them in Java. Powerful but super expensive, largely legacy.
- AWS Aurora RDMS. MySQL and PostgresSQL compatible. Oracle killer.
- SQLite: embedded in web client or IOT devices. PostgresSQL syntax.
Object Storage and Warehouse